What is BTSE?
BTSE Exchange is a cryptocurrency derivatives exchange headquartered in the British Virgin Islands. It launched in September 2018 and has been providing users with ways to speculate on the prices of cryptocurrencies without actually owning them. Through this platform, traders can engage in derivatives trading tied to a wide range of cryptos, including Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Tether (USDT), TrueUSD (TUSD), and USDC Coin.
These derivatives are financial contracts that derive their value from the underlying asset, which in this case, is a specific cryptocurrency. This allows traders to benefit from market movements without having to own or store any of the actual assets.
Where is BTSE located?
BTSE is based in the British Virgin Islands and was founded in 2018. It is a regulated company that complies with the Financial Services Commission (FSC) of the BVI, which ensures customer funds are kept safe within the platform.
Who created BTSE?
BTSE was created by a team of professionals and is now headed by four individuals;
- Jonathan Leong, Co-founder & Chief Executive Officer
- Brian Wong, co-founder & Chief Product Officer
- Yew Chong Quack, Chief Technical Officer
- Joshua Soh, Chief Operating Officer
The team brings experience from a variety of industries, including banking and finance, software development, and customer support.
How to buy BTSE crypto
So far, we have established that BTSE is a secure, regulated crypto derivatives exchange. Now let’s look at how you can buy the BTSE token.
1. Download a Crypto Wallet e.g Coinbase
The first step is to download a crypto wallet, such as Coinbase. This account will be used to store your BTSE tokens once they are purchased.
2. Create an account and login
Once installed, create an account and login. You’ll need to provide some personal details, which will be checked and verified by the platform before you can proceed.
3. Setup a payment method
Next, set up a payment method so that your digital assets can be sent back and forth from BTSE. This requires entering banking information, credit card numbers, or other payment methods allowed on the platform. Once this part is done, you are ready to purchase Ethereum (ETH) using fiat currency through Coinbase.
4. Purchase Ethereum by clicking on ‘Ethereum’ from the available cryptocurrencies.
The next step is to purchase Ethereum through Coinbase. To do this, click on ‘Ethereum’ from the list of available cryptos and enter the amount you wish to purchase. Once the transaction is confirmed, you can now send your Ethereum from Coinbase to BTSE Exchange.
5. Use Ethereum to buy BTSE
Once your Ethereum has arrived in your BTSE wallet, it’s time to purchase BTSE tokens! To do this, select ‘swap’ and exchange your ETH for BTSE tokens. Once the transaction is completed, you will now own BTSE tokens that can be used on the platform to engage in derivatives trading.
How to trade in BTSE?
BTSE Exchange is a reputable online trading platform that provides users with the opportunity to participate in leveraged trading. With this exchange, traders can access both perpetuals (futures without expiry dates) and futures with pre-determined expiry dates, offering up to a maximum of 100x leverage for each type of instrument.
Leverage trading is essentially a type of trading that allows traders to multiply the size of their trades with a larger number than what they invested. This means that in leveraged trading, an investor can invest an amount less than the value of the trade and still earn profits on it. For example, if you invest $100 in exchange for a 10x leverage (10x) on your trade, then every dollar increase or decrease will be multiplied by 10 times.
The BTSE Exchange offers two different markets – spot and futures market – each offering its own unique features. The spot markets offer real-time pricing, while the futures market offers pre-set expiry dates, allowing traders to plan ahead and make informed decisions about their investments. Furthermore, the trading interface is professional and user-friendly, providing traders with up to date market information and customizable options that could benefit them in their trading journey.
BTSE offers several deposit methods for traders to choose from:
- Wire Transfer: This is one of the fastest ways to transfer funds into BTSE account. Funds can be transferred directly from a bank account to your BTSE wallet in just 1-2 days, depending on the country you are transferring from.
- Credit Card: Traders can also use their credit cards to make deposits into their BTSE account, though this method may take up to 7 days for the funds to reflect in your wallet.
- Debit Card: Just like with a credit card, traders can make deposits via debit cards as well. The funds should reflect in your wallet within 1-2 days.
BTSE Key Features for Traders
Here are 6 key features of the BTSE Exchange that traders should know about:
1. Over 100 tradable crypto assets
BTSE offers over 100 different cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and many more. This allows traders to diversify their portfolios and gain exposure to a variety of cryptos. The multitude of options also gives traders the opportunity to explore different trading strategies.
2. Low fees
BTSE has low fee structures and allows users to take advantage of discounts when they hold BTSE tokens. This helps keep their costs down while still capitalizing on market opportunities. There are no deposit fees, but a withdrawal fee of %0.15 is charged for fiat currencies.
3. Fee Discounts for Holding BTSE Tokens
In order to enjoy discounted rates, traders must hold a minimum amount of BTSE tokens in a wallet address provided by the exchange, which reduces the trading fees significantly.
4. Zero Fees for Swapping Cryptocurrencies
BTSE doesn’t charge any fees for swapping cryptocurrencies, making it more attractive to crypto traders who are looking to switch between cryptos quickly and without additional costs.
5. Advanced Trading Features and Platforms
BTSE offers advanced trading features such as margin trading, zero-fee swaps, futures contracts, and more. Along with this, traders can choose from three different platforms depending on their level of experience and comfortability with the interface.
The exchange has implemented a number of security measures, such as two-factor authentication (2FA), cold wallets for storing crypto holdings securely, automated backups to protect user data, and more. This ensures that users’ funds remain safe on the platform at all times.
Pros and Cons of BTSE
- No deposit fees: One of the main advantages of using BTSE is that it does not charge any fees for deposits, making it more cost-effective for traders.
- Over 100 cryptocurrencies supported: The exchange also supports a wide range of cryptocurrencies, which allows users to have greater flexibility when trading.
- Advanced trading platform and services: BTSE provides advanced features such as margin trading, zero-fee swaps, futures contracts, and more. There are also three different platforms available, so traders can choose the one they are most comfortable with.
- Withdrawal fee of %0.15 for fiat withdrawals: The exchange does charge a withdrawal fee of %0.15 for fiat withdrawals, which may be expensive compared to other exchanges.
- Minimum deposit of $100: BTSE has a minimum deposit requirement of $100 for all users, so traders must make sure they have enough funds before trading on the platform.
- US clients not supported: As mentioned earlier, this platform is not available for investors in the United States due to regulatory restrictions.
BTSE Exchange FAQs
- Can I use BTSE in the US?
BTSE is not available for traders in the US due to lack of SEC registration. The exchange does not comply with the rules and regulations set by US regulators, so it is not possible to trade on BTSE if you are located in the United States.
- Do I need KYC with BTSE?
Yes, it is mandatory for all users to undergo KYC verification before trading on BTSE. This step ensures that user accounts are secure and safe from any kind of money laundering or terrorist financing activities. Therefore, if you wish to use this exchange, it is important to go through its KYC process so that your account can be verified by providing personal information such as your name, address, and proof of identity.
- Is BTSE legit?
Yes, BTSE is a legitimate exchange that has been approved by the Financial Services Authority of the British Virgin Islands. It also implements a variety of safety measures to ensure that users' funds remain secure at all times, such as two-factor authentication, cold wallets for storing crypto holdings securely, automated backups, and more. All these features make it a relatively safe and reliable platform for traders looking to buy, sell or trade cryptocurrencies. However, traders should always use caution when trading on any exchange and remain vigilant against potential frauds or scams.